ZEUS-NL is the analysis and simulation platform of the MAE Center. It is a state-of-the-art 3D static and dynamic analysis platform specifically developed for earthquake engineering applications. Its extreme efficiency, accuracy, verification and user-friendly graphical user interface has made it easier than ever to undertake inelastic large displacement analysis of complex frames using the fiber approach, with a suite of material models and elements. ZEUS-NL is available free-of-charge. The MAE Center requires that publications including results from ZEUS-NL to include an acknowledgement of the MAE Center and the National Science Foundation (cooperative agreement reference EEC-9701785).
ZEUS-NL has become open source as of November 1st.
For further information and to download the source code, please visit:
Jan 01, 2011: V1.9.0
* No expiration date (program available as open-source)
May 07, 2010: V1.8.9
* Small bug in Reader (dashpot read) corrected
December 31, 2009: V1.8.8
* Zeus-NL update to V1.8.8, expiring on 12-31-2010
February 02, 2009: V1.8.7
* Added Menegotto-Pinto model for steel (stl3)
* Added ECC model (ecc)
* Small bugs in Postprocessor and ZBeer corrected
December 26, 2008: V1.8.6
* Zeus-NL update to V1.8.5, expiring on 12-31-2009
October 24, 2008: V1.8.5
* ZeusView - A 3D Model Generator for ZeusNL
* Added elastic model (stl0)
* Added Ramber-Osgood model for steel (stl2)
* Added Sheikh-Uzumeri model for concrete (con4)
* Updated postprocessor including element moment/shear and curvature output
* Added /4 subdivision
* Changed units to kN and meters in postprocessor output
* Updated manual
* Improved GUI visuals
* Choice of solver size during installation
* Correction of minor bugs
January 28, 2008: V1.8.1
* Bug fix in 3D model generation using atemplate in Zeus-NL
December 26, 2007: V1.8.0
* Zeus-NL update to V1.8.0, expiring on 12-31-2008.
July 04, 2007: V1.7.4
* Zeus-NL update to V1.7.4
* In version 1.7.3, the deformed shape from time history analysis did not show correct deformation. This bug is fixed in 1.7.4.
* Zeus-NL post processor can create animation file from static time history analysis results and dynamic time history analysis results.